A Rundown of The Various Of House Surveys

may only be} one or two small differences between a full structural survey and a building survey. In some cases,the only major difference between two surveys is the type of person who handles it. Following is a deeper look at the most important of these survey types.

Building Survey

In the past,building surveys and structural surveys were one and the same. The change occurred to help ease confusion between the two. One of the major differences between them is that a building survey is conducted by a RICS building surveyor while a structural survey is conducted by a civil or structural engineer. As a home buyer,you will most likely want to invest in a building survey.

During a building survey,the surveyor will inspect nearly every element of the property to help homeowners or buyers understand the total condition of the property,risks of owning the property,and the estimated expenses that the property needed to fix any faults. This will allow you to decide if the property is worth buying,its real value,and whether you will need either a maintenance or repair plan.

HomeBuyer Report

Also known as a HomeBuyer survey,it is resonably inexpensive and comprehensive report that should identify potential structural problems of the home. The report will usually include a property valuation that can then be used to reevaluate your offer on the property. In some cases,there will be no valuation,but the information provided regarding any repairs can still be useful during negotiations.

The HomeBuyer report does not cover all the things in a building survey and the report does not include all of the recommendations that are included in a building survey. For example,the HomeBuyer surveyor will not check under the floorboards or behind the walls. However,it’s more affordable than a building survey and still provides helpful information.

One major difference between the two is that a building survey must be carried out by the property owner. They then make that information available to any buyers. A HomeBuyer report is on the other hand conducted on behalf of the buyer and not the property owner.

Knowing which type of survey to have can be a hard choice. It’s therefore a good idea to discuss these options with your real estate agent. They can help you choose which surveys are necessary at any given time and for the property you are looking at.

We hope that you have found this article interesting. More can be found on our help pages.